- The Humans (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A chilly chamber family drama
- Night of the Kings (2020) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Stories for surviving his first night in prison
- Dear Comrades! (2020) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): An absurd and devastating Russian period drama
- Procession (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): The Act of Healing
- The Shaman Sorceress (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A shaman sorceress’ story
- A Boy Called Christmas (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A solid seasonal product for Christmas
- Halloween Kills (2021) ☆☆(2/4): A pointlessly vicious and bloody sequel
- Snakehead (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A little crime thriller flick set in Chinatown
- Nothing Serious (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): No string attached, right?
- Encanto (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Her and her family’s certain domestic problem
- 761,803 hits
- RT @pastyou: 역대급 빌런....(전 대한면역학회 회장) upinews.kr/newsView/upi20… 8 minutes ago
- RT @universe_mei: 굿모닝~ https://t.co/c785f1fisM 9 minutes ago
- RT @not_unot_u: 블랙 페이스는 흑인에 대한 인종차별이 맞고 당시 오취리는 해야 할 말을 했을 뿐인데 과거를 파내 사람 하나를 아시안 인종차별자에 국민 역적 만들어 놓은 언론들은 정작 그 이후 샘 오취리가 지속적으로 당면하고 있는 그에 대… 9 minutes ago
- RT @thepinksmoke: Akira Kurosawa. https://t.co/sywYx5gAG7 9 minutes ago
- RT @deadbeat2021: 이아저씨 교수 때려치우고 그냥 생태 스탠드업 코미디언 됐으면 좋겠다 1 hour ago
Monthly Archives: October 2010
It was like any other late autumn evening – quiet, chilly, and colorful.
10/17: A bird flied into the library – maybe it wanted to study with us. 10/21: I spot a new cat(the first picture) in the campus. Its cry is a little strange. 10/24: Outside the campus, I spotted a cat … Continue reading
“Candyman”(1992) is something we do not come across often. It is not only a scary movie but also an evocative horror movie with the intriguing idea about urban legends. We all know the urban legends have the roots in our … Continue reading
There is one scene that strikes me hard in the middle of “The Unjust”. It is one of many unjust things happening on the screen, but none of two main characters who occupy that scene is someone we are … Continue reading
You will probably be repulsed by the premise of “Motel Hell”(1980). I talked about it to the peers in my lab in last week and they were all understandably disgusted. However, the movie is a lot funnier than you think. … Continue reading
Despite considerable expectation before its release, Oliver Stone’s “Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps” is a little disappointing. It criticizes the current situation more or less than it chronicles the recent financial crisis at Wall Street. The movie begins to lose … Continue reading
Photographed on 2009/11/15
While cats became ingratiating when a tuna can was around, urban avian gangs hung around the campus.
The President’s Analyst (1967) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4) : The loneliest (and the most paranoidal) analyst in the world
While it is one or two steps behind “Dr. Strangelove”, “The President’s Analyst”(1967) is a very good black comedy sniggering at Cold War paranoid. Maybe it is not as ruthless as that great comedy, but the movie romps cheerfully on its subjects with a take-no-prisoner attitude. And during this loony joy ride, we eventually discover that the movie foretold something very accurate more than 40 years ago.