- Tove (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): The early life of Tove Jansson
- I’m Your Man (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Is he really the one for her?
- I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): What happens to Ruth
- Little Boxes (2016) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): As they are trying to settle in a suburb
- Malignant (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A nutty outrageous horror thriller film by James Wan
- The Best Years of a Life (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Still Living (and Loving)
- Worth (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): What Is Life Worth?
- Respect (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A conventional biopic starring Jennifer Hudson
- In the Same Breath (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Another important documentary of the COVID-19 pandemic era
- Dreaming Cat (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): Save those stray cats
- 742,766 hits
- I just watched the last 30-40 minutes of "Papillon" (1973) with my parents just because it happened to be on TV. I… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 minutes ago
- RT @awards_watch: 'The Power of the Dog' tops The Composite Telluride rankings for combined lists of professionals and non-professional att… 47 minutes ago
- RT @tristexxe: 여성배우는 남성을 연기 할 때, 자신의 여성성을 벗는 방식으로 남성이 되는데에 반해, 남성배우는 여성을 연기 할 때 같은 원리로, 남성성을 벗는 방식으로 여성이 되는 것이 아니라, 사회적으로 여성적인 것으로 규정된 요소들을… 47 minutes ago
- RT @jongwon1917: 오커스 뒤통수 맞은 프랑스, EU-호주 FTA 막을 수도 호주의 주요 교역 상대는 중국, 미국, 일본, EU, 한국, 영국 yna.co.kr/view/AKR202109… 48 minutes ago
- RT @latimes: Struggling to pay his bills, he put his old video camera — by then no longer working — on the auction block in 2020, with an o… 48 minutes ago
Category Archives: Chicago
Near South (04/09/10) These photographs were taken in Near South area of Chicago,IL on April 9th, 2010.
These photos were taken on 04/12/10
Taken on 04/12/10 – when my feet were more comfortable than the previous week. Continue reading
St. Mary of Angels Church – Flat Iron building – Wicker Park – Nelson Algren House – Polish Museum – Ukrainian Village with two churches(Nicholas and Volodymyr)
04/07/10: It was nightmare in the afternoon. I was in a hurry. I ran down N. Milwaukee Ave. instead of waiting for the bus, and I was soaked with sweat when I waited for someone to open the door of Polish Museum. After visting Ukrainian village, I forgot to buy sneakers again. Damn!
These photos were taken on 04/14/10 during my Chicago visit. After appreciating lots of artworks at The Art Institute of Chcago, I was tired. Fortunately, the last ones- which belong to contemporary art after 1960 – were profoundly simple – or simply profound. Continue reading
More photos I took while walking around Andersonville and Lake View on 04/07/10. I wore shoes at that time, and my feet screamed every step. Continue reading
These photos were taken on 04/06/10 at Museum of Science & Industry. Some of them were previously introduced at my Korean blog. Continue reading
Grand Poobah’s recent post inspired me to assemble these photos from my personal documents. Yes, some of them are timeless and tiresome, but they looked fabulous in one spring afternoon and I liked them a lot.
I know this sounds too conventional, but I have to say Chicago is a wonderful place to visit. How many cities in the world do we have where the public transportation makes you feel like floating around in a big, bright, and beautiful model? By the way, I found new favorite snack in US after chocolate raisin: Junior Mint. Continue reading