- Hostiles (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): A somber but brutal Western drama
- Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): Behind Wonder Woman
- Eyelids (2015) ☆☆☆(3/4): A Requiem for Sewol
- A Quiet Place (2018) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Be Silent – Be Very Silent
- You Were Never Really Here (2017) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Brutal and feverish
- 6 Balloons (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A problematic day with her addict brother
- First Match (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Wrestling for her father
- The Death of Stalin (2017) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A political satire set in the Soviet era
- Ready Player One (2018) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Ready for entertainment?
- The Greatest Showman (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): Schmaltzy but energetic
- 417,286 hits
- RT @nisoon: 현재 안희정 성폭력 사건 피해자는 모욕, 허위정보 및 피해자의 사진 유포 등 조직적 2차가해로 인해 일상생활이 어려울 정도로 하루하루 고통에 시달리고 있습니다. 친필 편지를 통해 2차 피해로 고통받고 있음을 밝히며 도와달라 하소… 12 hours ago
- RT @nisoon: 안희정 성폭력사건 공동대책위원회에 의하면, 가계정을 통해 매크로를 이용하여 허위사실이 조직적으로 유포되어 확산속도가 거세지고 있다고 합니다. 그럼에도 경찰의 수사는 더디기만 합니다. 피해자 보호를 위해 경찰의 신속하고 적극적인… 12 hours ago
- RT @BFI: André Bazin practically invented film studies. Honour his centenary with this tribute from the @SightSoundmag archives https://t.c… 12 hours ago
- RT @DARIM_0: 성범죄 관련 교육자료 만드느라 유투브에서 손경이 선생님 영상 보다가 잠이 확 깬 이야기... 여학생들이 야동을 보다가 자기가 나온 야동을 본다고ㅠㅠ 그래서 신고한다고 ㅠㅠ 잠이 확 깼네...이게 세상에 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 아 진짜… 12 hours ago
- RT @sibauchi: 기독교 여성 금주협회는 금주운동 외에도 여러가지 중요한 활동을 했는데 가령..... 어휴 세상에 이게 뭐야 성관계 동의연령이 10세였다니 암흑미국.......;; https://t.co/dmL0hobMD4 12 hours ago
Category Archives: Ebertfest
Dear Roger It is almost a year since I received the e-mail notifying me of your death, and I and others are still thinking of you while missing you a lot. At the end of last year, many people wondered … Continue reading
In case of some people, you miss them dearly when you are apart from them, but then you remember how unpleasant they can be when you are near them. I do not know much about Tom Dark, whom I met … Continue reading
“So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I’ll see you at the movies.” – from Roger Ebert’s last blog entry “A Leave of Presence”
The last day of Ebertfest finally came, but it was still happy to be get together with others. The last movie of the festival, “Song Sung Blue”, is the documentary about the human spirit. Mike and Claire Sardina, as Lightening and Thunder, had been wonderful performers on the stages. Maybe their acts were not original(Mike sang Neil Diamond songs, and Claire did the songs of Patsy Cline, Blondies, and ABBA), but they were popular with people in Milwaukee and you can see why from their performances in video footage. Even if you don’t have much interest in these songs, they would draw your attentions with the joy of singing. And they were good singers.
Day 4 was for four movies. Due to the lack of sleep, I was in the worst condition, so I didn’t react well to “I Captured the Castle”. But I enjoyed Q & A just like others and I promised myself that I will check this movie again someday even if I can’t write anything about movies for a while. Continue reading
Delirium continued to reign on Day 3 and another “the lamb to the slaughter” situation started for us early in the morning. After saying goodbye to Michael Philips at Breakfast room, I went into Pine Lounge on the 1st floor with my friends. Along with them, I was about to participate in panel discussion titled “The Global Web of Film Lovers”. Thanks to Roger’s blessing and Omer’s deft moderation, we went through well and 70 minutes was shorter than I thought. The video clip is available on here, but I do not want to kill myself by watching it.
I was afraid of Day 2 because I would be on the stage as one of panelists for the first movie of that day, “Munyurangabo”, directed by Issac Chung, Korean-American director from Arkansas. Continue reading