- American Honey (2016) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Selling and drifting on the road
- Yongsoon (2016) ☆☆☆(3/4): A country girl’s hot, problematic summer
- Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) ☆1/2(1.5/4): Another unbearable epic mess
- Antiporno (2016) ☆☆☆(3/4): Another perverted exercise in style from Sion Sono
- I Am a Cat (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): Aren’t they cute?
- The Villainess (2017) ☆☆(2/4): She’s lethal….and sappy
- The Mummy (2017) ☆☆(2/4): A mummy comes to London
- Jane (2016) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Elusive happiness in her harsh, despairing world
- Wonder Woman (2017) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Here comes Wonder Woman!
- Our President (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): We miss you, President Roh
- 380,505 hits
- RT @septuor1: 김기춘 씨가 사약을 받고 끝내고 싶다고 했다는데, 유감스럽게도 민주국가에는 사약이 없다. 번거롭겠지만 법대로 재판 받고 죄를 낱낱이 청산하는 것이 마지막으로 국가를 위한 일이라고 생각하셔야 할 것 같다. 아직 길이 남아 있다. 2 hours ago
- RT @RealAsianFriend: 일개 행정관? 개 돼지 발언으로 짤린 "고위공무원" 나향욱이 3급임. 탁은 2급 공무원이고. 2 hours ago
- RT @RealAsianFriend: 탁은 무려 2급 공무원임. 자한당에도 탁처럼 미성년자 윤간 자랑 한 사람은 없었음. 페미니스트 대통령은 무슨, 탁만 보면 자한당보다 더함. 2 hours ago
- RT @fatl_conceit: 내가 보기엔 학생이건 선생이건 남자만 보호하는 건데? twitter.com/judy_shaqbari/… 2 hours ago
- RT @mcwannabee: 학교란 장소, 그 나이대 아이들의 특성을 잘 이해한 후 학교 밖의 보편적 가치를 지향하며 문제를 푸는 것이 사안의 첩경. "스승의 그림자도 밟으면 안 되는데 저 지랄을 해? 다 소년원 보내" 이러는 건 학교란 장소에 문제… 2 hours ago
Category Archives: Ebertfest
Dear Roger It is almost a year since I received the e-mail notifying me of your death, and I and others are still thinking of you while missing you a lot. At the end of last year, many people wondered … Continue reading
In case of some people, you miss them dearly when you are apart from them, but then you remember how unpleasant they can be when you are near them. I do not know much about Tom Dark, whom I met … Continue reading
“So on this day of reflection I say again, thank you for going on this journey with me. I’ll see you at the movies.” – from Roger Ebert’s last blog entry “A Leave of Presence”
The last day of Ebertfest finally came, but it was still happy to be get together with others. The last movie of the festival, “Song Sung Blue”, is the documentary about the human spirit. Mike and Claire Sardina, as Lightening and Thunder, had been wonderful performers on the stages. Maybe their acts were not original(Mike sang Neil Diamond songs, and Claire did the songs of Patsy Cline, Blondies, and ABBA), but they were popular with people in Milwaukee and you can see why from their performances in video footage. Even if you don’t have much interest in these songs, they would draw your attentions with the joy of singing. And they were good singers.
Day 4 was for four movies. Due to the lack of sleep, I was in the worst condition, so I didn’t react well to “I Captured the Castle”. But I enjoyed Q & A just like others and I promised myself that I will check this movie again someday even if I can’t write anything about movies for a while. Continue reading
Delirium continued to reign on Day 3 and another “the lamb to the slaughter” situation started for us early in the morning. After saying goodbye to Michael Philips at Breakfast room, I went into Pine Lounge on the 1st floor with my friends. Along with them, I was about to participate in panel discussion titled “The Global Web of Film Lovers”. Thanks to Roger’s blessing and Omer’s deft moderation, we went through well and 70 minutes was shorter than I thought. The video clip is available on here, but I do not want to kill myself by watching it.
I was afraid of Day 2 because I would be on the stage as one of panelists for the first movie of that day, “Munyurangabo”, directed by Issac Chung, Korean-American director from Arkansas. Continue reading