- Cargo (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): For saving his child
- The Cured (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): After a zombie epidemic
- Mary and the Witch’s Flower (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): A girl’s wondrous magic adventure
- Early Man (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A minor work from Aardman Animations
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): When Han Solo was young…
- Claire’s Camera (2017) ☆☆(2/4): Hong Sang-soo’s misfire in Cannes
- The Trip to Spain (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): Six days in Spain – with Coogan and Brydon
- Ethel & Ernest (2016) ☆☆☆(3/4): The life story of one ordinary couple
- Burning (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A slow-burning thriller from Lee Chang Dong
- Deadpool 2 (2018) ☆☆(2/4): Cynical, irreverent, and tiresome as before
- 421,735 hits
- RT @chillypark: 가까운 미래의 일본에서 세상을 바꾸기 위해 투쟁하는 '백인 교환학생' 캐릭터에 포커스가 맞춰진 것도 1세계 백인스러운데.. 그런 캐릭터가 주인공인 일본인 남자애한테 반한다는 설정은 너무 소년 판타지아닌지. 1 hour ago
- RT @rabihalameddine: Goodnight, dream big. https://t.co/HU7SJRHHsw 1 hour ago
- RT @DerfelBarada: "TFA: Too familiar. TLJ: Too radical. Solo: Too safe." https://t.co/ipchqM1thI 1 hour ago
- RT @DanaScottLO: The President has a duty of diligence to check basic facts before spitting out a pile of garbage to hundreds of millions o… 1 hour ago
- RT @chillypark: 개들의 섬은 옥석이 뒤섞여있는 영화. 개들 이야기는 너무 좋았는데 인간들 얘기가 좀 그래.. 딱 서양인들의 시각으로 바라본 일본 묘사도 좀 너무하다 싶은데. 그레타 거윅 캐릭터가 너무 심하네. 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: Movie
Now here are 12 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
2017 has been another terribly eventful year for many of us. As I and many others worried from the beginning, Donald Trump and his corrupt cronies have tarnished and demolished what makes the American society great, and those frequent news … Continue reading
To be frank with you, Naomi Kawase’s works have been an acquired taste to me. Although I admired the serene atmosphere of “The Mourning Forest” (2007), I felt impatient at times during my viewing, and I doubt whether I will … Continue reading
You cannot possibly expect anything normal from Sion Sono, who is surely one of the most interesting filmmakers working in Japan at present. “Cold Fish” (2010) was a bleak, disturbing psychological thriller about an ordinary family man gradually influenced by … Continue reading
Now here is my list of 10 South Korean films of this year.