- Matangi/Maya/M.I.A. (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): An intimate and dynamic portrait of M.I.A.
- Boy Erased (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A restrained drama on gay conversion therapy program
- Blaze (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Inside Blaze Foley
- Brexit (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Behind Brexit
- The Hate U Give (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): She won’t be quiet at all
- What They Had (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): As they are losing her
- The Underdog (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Another solid South Korean animation film to watch
- Mirai (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): This willful boy may need another lesson
- The Favourite (2018) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A queen and her two ladies
- Vice (2018) ☆☆1/2 (2.5/4): The scattershot portrayal of Dick Cheney’s life and career
- 457,165 hits
- RT @ashleylynch: Reminder that he was fired from Bohemian Rhapsody because he fled into hiding and wouldn't come to set after Kevin Spacey… 10 minutes ago
- RT @ReelQuinn: She uses authority, experience, and more than a hint of “Oh for fucks sake, you moron. Once again, it goes like this…” 11 minutes ago
- RT @ReelQuinn: Pelosi didn’t even do anything that remarkable. She shut him down by explaining HOW HIS JOB WORKS 11 minutes ago
- RT @grady_hendrix: Jonas Mekas is gone. He gave @SubwayCinema its first home @AnthologyFilm and I've screened more movies in his house tha… 11 minutes ago
- RT @davidhogg111: Really? twitter.com/tpm/status/108… 11 minutes ago
Tag Archives: Movie
If you are a big fan of Stanley Kubrick’s films like me, you probably know about Leon Vitali, who was initially an actor but then came to assist Kubrick for nearly 20 years till Kubrick’s death. As a guy who … Continue reading
Netflix documentary film “Shirkers”, which won World Cinema Documentary Director Award at the Sundance Film Festival early in this year, is a vivid, compelling collection of personal memories surrounding one small stolen film. As following a dramatic quest revolving around … Continue reading
Now here are 12 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
2017 has been another terribly eventful year for many of us. As I and many others worried from the beginning, Donald Trump and his corrupt cronies have tarnished and demolished what makes the American society great, and those frequent news … Continue reading
To be frank with you, Naomi Kawase’s works have been an acquired taste to me. Although I admired the serene atmosphere of “The Mourning Forest” (2007), I felt impatient at times during my viewing, and I doubt whether I will … Continue reading