- Nobody’s Lover (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Messy and Lonely
- Till (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): The harrowing story of Emmett Till’s mother
- Tár (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A dry but complex character study from Field and Blanchett
- The Night Owl (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): He saw what he was not supposed to see…
- Seire (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Haunted by his ex-girlfriend
- The Swimmers (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Swimmer sisters from Syria
- The Wonder (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): She cannot just observe….
- Pinocchio (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): An enchanting animation film from Guillermo del Toro
- Armageddon Time (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): So he grows up…
- Strange World (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Into a familiar but fun world
Join 704 other followers
- 835,663 hits
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Tag Archives: Chicago
Documentary film “A Most Beautiful Thing”, which was supposed to be shown at the SXSW Film Festival before it was unfortunately canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, is about a group of African American guys who try to bring … Continue reading
Near South (04/09/10) These photographs were taken in Near South area of Chicago,IL on April 9th, 2010.
These photos were taken on 04/12/10
“Candyman”(1992) is something we do not come across often. It is not only a scary movie but also an evocative horror movie with the intriguing idea about urban legends. We all know the urban legends have the roots in our … Continue reading
Taken on 04/12/10 – when my feet were more comfortable than the previous week. Continue reading
St. Mary of Angels Church – Flat Iron building – Wicker Park – Nelson Algren House – Polish Museum – Ukrainian Village with two churches(Nicholas and Volodymyr)
04/07/10: It was nightmare in the afternoon. I was in a hurry. I ran down N. Milwaukee Ave. instead of waiting for the bus, and I was soaked with sweat when I waited for someone to open the door of Polish Museum. After visting Ukrainian village, I forgot to buy sneakers again. Damn!
These photos were taken on 04/14/10 during my Chicago visit. After appreciating lots of artworks at The Art Institute of Chcago, I was tired. Fortunately, the last ones- which belong to contemporary art after 1960 – were profoundly simple – or simply profound. Continue reading
More photos I took while walking around Andersonville and Lake View on 04/07/10. I wore shoes at that time, and my feet screamed every step. Continue reading
These photos were taken on 04/06/10 at Museum of Science & Industry. Some of them were previously introduced at my Korean blog. Continue reading