- Hunt (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A tense but convoluted spy hunt movie
- DC League of Super-Pets (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Superman’s best friend – and his animal friends
- Prey (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Her big game
- Thirteen Lives (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): A redundant but solid docudrama from Ron Howard
- Ali & Ava (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A little romance in the middle of their life
- Boiling Point (2021) ☆☆☆1/2 (3.5/4): One tense evening at a restaurant
- How to Please a Woman (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Cleaning and sex
- Emergency Declaration (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A predictable crisis in the air
- Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Good luck on your viewing
- Chorokbam (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): An atmospheric slice of life
Join 1,921 other followers
- 815,079 hits
- RT @yonhaptweet: 대전에 '보름치' 비 쏟아져…내일 수도권에도 다시 비 yna.co.kr/view/AKR202208… 2 hours ago
- RT @amurowife: 아니 코난 사는 동네 개웃겨 이게맞음? 오늘 살인 1 어제 살인 4 저번달 살인 151 자수 접수는 6층입니다(반성해) https://t.co/5un9q6rGLt 2 hours ago
- RT @chrisvognar: Leo G. Carroll did great work for Hitchcock. Strangers on a Train, Suspicion, Spellbound, North by Northwest https://t.co/… 2 hours ago
- RT @NOT_DiGITAL_: 동생이 진짜 일베다 → 형 때문에 강제 일밍 아웃 동생이 가짜 일베다 → 형 때문에 억울하게 강제 일베행 굥 → 야, 애 잘못 데려왔잖아. 동생 데려와. 2 hours ago
- RT @twotwo2019: 박태원의 월북사유는 정말 미스터리한데, 한국전쟁 당시 "자기 친구 만나러 간다"라고선 실종되었다가 어느날 갑자기 북한에 나타나서 활동하기 시작해서 납북되었다는 말도 있고, 보도연맹 행적때문에 급하게 쫓겼다는 말도 있고 이… 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: September 2010
This is my first movie review written on 08/12/07. I found several errors, but I decided to keep them intact. By the way, the movie was one of the worst Korean movies of the last decade. I initally gave the movie one and half stars out of some pity, but I want to give it BOMB now. The movie was far worse than “The Last Airbender”. Continue reading
The main problem of Lewis Gilbert’s “Educating Rita”(1983) is it does not believe in its two characters much. If the movie just had concentrated on the dynamics between these interesting people, the result could have been a lot, or a little at least, better than what we get now. However, it pads their story with useless elements, and that is the major mistake of this movie. Whenever it does not have two good characters created by two fabulous performers on the screen, the movie loses its power in most cases, and, alas, that happens quite frequently throughout the story. While enjoying good parts of it, I lost my interest minute by minute. Continue reading
Although they live in a science/technology universtity, they do not have any special ability except natural ones.
These greedy animals are very good at extortion. I had to give them snacks for posing in front of my digital camera. Continue reading
Taken on 04/12/10 – when my feet were more comfortable than the previous week. Continue reading
St. Mary of Angels Church – Flat Iron building – Wicker Park – Nelson Algren House – Polish Museum – Ukrainian Village with two churches(Nicholas and Volodymyr)
04/07/10: It was nightmare in the afternoon. I was in a hurry. I ran down N. Milwaukee Ave. instead of waiting for the bus, and I was soaked with sweat when I waited for someone to open the door of Polish Museum. After visting Ukrainian village, I forgot to buy sneakers again. Damn!
Francis Ford Coppola’s ambitious movie “Tucker: The Man and His Dream”(1988) curiously reminds me of nice-and-clean biography sets for elementary school students I used to read during my childhood years. In those books, there were always good-looking pictures depicting what great men and women did in their lifetime whenever I turned each page, and, of course, they were accompanied by the story written for them. From these books, I learned how great their achievements were, but I do not think I learned anything substantial about them as the human beings from the story. Of course, those books were well-intentioned for me and other kids, and I liked them. The problem is, they were hollow, and they did not leave me any big impression except those nice pictures.
These photos were taken on 04/14/10 during my Chicago visit. After appreciating lots of artworks at The Art Institute of Chcago, I was tired. Fortunately, the last ones- which belong to contemporary art after 1960 – were profoundly simple – or simply profound. Continue reading
“The Kids Are All Right” is quite conventional inside in contrast to what it seems on the surface. We see a unconventional family at the beginning, but we begin to see the dynamics within this family is not so different from the one within conventional families. The family has problems familiar to us, the drama of conflicts and hurts is unfolded in a way we expected, and, in the end, everyone is almost all right as we have seen in many family dramas. However, the movie is more than that. It is not just conventionally unconventional; it is also emotionally honest story with lots of heart.