- Special Delivery (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): She must deliver this kid to the end
- The Tragedy of Macbeth (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A sparse but striking version of that Scottish play
- The Tender Bar (2021) ☆☆(2/4): So he grew up to be a writer…
- West Side Story (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): An exhilarating musical film by Steven Spielberg
- House of Gucci (2021) ☆☆(2/4): A brand to kill for
- France (2021) ☆☆(2/4): An inane satire on media and journalism
- That Day, on the Beach (1983) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Edward Yang’s first feature film
- Sing 2 (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): They’re back with a bigger task…
- Sing (2016) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): It surely serves you lots of familiar songs
- Mogul Mowgli (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): A Pakistani British rapper in double crisis
- 773,327 hits
- twitter.com/awards_watch/s… https://t.co/UPnijZUMAz 45 minutes ago
- RT @TranslatedCats: Who knows what fruit is next to Chomphu? https://t.co/86sJbSYw4g 46 minutes ago
- RT @suni_doe: 김건희가 하는 말 그당시에 저 또래의 안희정 지지자들이 했던 말이랑 정확히 똑같아서 화난다 니들이 다른 당에 투표한다는게 과연 의미가 있는 일일까요? 할 줄 아는 건 여성은 피해자가 될 수 없다는 낡은 이데올로기를 퍼뜨리는… 48 minutes ago
- RT @suni_doe: 나는 이걸로 김건희가 윤석열 표를 까먹을 것 같지 않다. 안희정 측근들이 하는 얘기를 민정당 진영에서 억지로 외면해온 건 그게 민주당에 도움이 될까봐서였다고 생각하거든. 김건희가 비공식적으로 저렇게 말한거 민정당 지지층에선… 48 minutes ago
- RT @suni_doe: 그리고 이 거대한 여성혐오의 물결 속에 더 피해를 입기 싫어서, 더 침묵하기 싫어서 나선 생존자는 저잣거리에서 아무나 갖다붙일 수 있는 이름이 되어버렸다. 여기에 무슨 명예가 있고 부가 있니. 바라는 게 있어서 고발한 거라는… 48 minutes ago
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Sang-hoon is a terrifying piece of work. He is someone you never want to mess up with. He is callous, narrow-minded, vulgar and, above all, very volatile. Whenever his hair-trigger fury erupts, there is more than hell to pay – and that happens often. Even when his temper relatively abates, he is still difficult and hostile to communicate with, probably even with himself. In the opening sequence, we see a young woman being beaten by some guy in the night streets. Sang-hoon appears and he savagely beats that guy. And then, he spits at her, smacks her, and insults her.
“I Saw the Devil” provides almost everything to shock you and repel you – and I admired it at some degree. The movie acquired its notoriety even before its release in South Korea due to the conflict with Korean Media Rating Board(About 1.5 minutes was cut from the original version in the end). It has been striking our Korean audience with a little mercy since this Thursday while inducing discussions among them about the violence in the movies. I guarantee you, the movie will be the most controversial South Korean movie of this year.
“Toy Story 3” has nostalgic quality to me. Come to think of it, I virtually grew up with these two wonderful animations. When I was about to become a teenager, “Toy Story”(1995) was released and I was fascinated by the new kind of animation as a young moviegoer(Ah, I love those days when I could watch the movie as many times as I wanted). When I was about to go to the university, “Toy Story 2” (1999) arrived in a local theater in my town and I was delighted to meet these loveable characters I came to like.
These photos were taken on 04/06/10 at Museum of Science & Industry. Some of them were previously introduced at my Korean blog. Continue reading