- RRR (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): An energetic nationalistic buddy action flick from India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A mostly satisfying second half
- Baahubali: The Beginning (2015) ☆☆☆(3/4): A fairly competent first half
- C’mon C’mon (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Stuck with his nephew
- Decision to Leave (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Another twisted work from Park Chan-wook
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Michelle Yeoh in the Madness of the Multiverse
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Cage goes wild again…
- Rise (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): A wholesome family sports drama
- Dog (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): His journey with a military dog
- Civil: Ben Crump (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): A lawyer against racial injustices
- 808,618 hits
- RT @mousterpiece: Cutting through the bullshit, and he’s absolutely correct. 21 minutes ago
- RT @ia7h6eGzFoshms0: 주가지수 3400과 2300의 차이는 일하는 사람의 책상과 일하는척하는 사람의 책상차이지. https://t.co/2ROzmjOKuH 21 minutes ago
- RT @JINSUK_85: ‘1주일에 1250억 손실, 2주일에 500억 고정비 손실 등 피해가 눈덩이처럼 불어나’면 빨리 해결하면 되지! 선박점거' 대우조선 하청노조 집행부 체포영장 신청 news.v.daum.net/v/202207041135… 21 minutes ago
- RT @Pedro_E_Kim: 지 자식내미 밥먹이기 싫어서 칼빵이 어쩌고 운운하는 참으로 대단한 애비새끼 나셨다 21 minutes ago
- RT @aniko_welfare: 119구조견에서 은퇴한 '세빈'이 경기도 화성경기종합타운 주변을 보호자와 산책을 하던 중 보이지 않는 풀더미에 탈진 상태로 쓰러진 할머니를 발견하고 보호자에게 알렸습니다. (기사읽기: https://t.co/ORgg… 22 minutes ago
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Sang-hoon is a terrifying piece of work. He is someone you never want to mess up with. He is callous, narrow-minded, vulgar and, above all, very volatile. Whenever his hair-trigger fury erupts, there is more than hell to pay – and that happens often. Even when his temper relatively abates, he is still difficult and hostile to communicate with, probably even with himself. In the opening sequence, we see a young woman being beaten by some guy in the night streets. Sang-hoon appears and he savagely beats that guy. And then, he spits at her, smacks her, and insults her.
“I Saw the Devil” provides almost everything to shock you and repel you – and I admired it at some degree. The movie acquired its notoriety even before its release in South Korea due to the conflict with Korean Media Rating Board(About 1.5 minutes was cut from the original version in the end). It has been striking our Korean audience with a little mercy since this Thursday while inducing discussions among them about the violence in the movies. I guarantee you, the movie will be the most controversial South Korean movie of this year.
“Toy Story 3” has nostalgic quality to me. Come to think of it, I virtually grew up with these two wonderful animations. When I was about to become a teenager, “Toy Story”(1995) was released and I was fascinated by the new kind of animation as a young moviegoer(Ah, I love those days when I could watch the movie as many times as I wanted). When I was about to go to the university, “Toy Story 2” (1999) arrived in a local theater in my town and I was delighted to meet these loveable characters I came to like.
These photos were taken on 04/06/10 at Museum of Science & Industry. Some of them were previously introduced at my Korean blog. Continue reading