- Hotel Mumbai (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A brutal docudrama on the 2008 Mumbai Attacks
- Birds of Passage (2018) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A criminal family drama set in Colombia
- Aniara (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Space voyage of the Damned
- Little Woods (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A tale of two desperate sisters
- Ask Dr. Ruth (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): America’s most famous sex therapist
- Dilili in Paris (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A little mystery in Paris the Belle Époque
- Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A rambling Bob Dylan documentary from Scorsese
- I Am Mother (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): A slow but tense SF thriller on AI and motherhood
- Varda by Agnès (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Her last words
- Gloria Bell (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): As she reaches for more love and happiness
- 483,201 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tag Archives: Farm
Italian film “Happy as Lazzaro” initially baffles us with its odd but realistic background during its first half and then moves onto a stranger territory during its second half. At first, the movie looks like a humorous fable about one … Continue reading
“Far from the Madding Crowd”, based on Thomas Hardy’s 1874 novel of the same name, is a solid adaptation to admire and appreciate. As a period drama, it looks both natural and gorgeous in its realistic presentation of a peaceful … Continue reading
I remember well when I encountered those lovely stop motion animation works from Aardman Animations for the first time during late 1990s. Three short animation films featuring Aardman’s iconic characters Wallace and Gromit, “A Grand Day Out” (1999), “The Wrong … Continue reading
Though being a little ponderous at times, “The Turin Horse” can be a mesmerizing experience to you if you are willing to give it a chance. The movie may bore some of you because of its very slow progression for … Continue reading
My Far-flung correspondent review for “Motel Hell”(1980) has just been posted at Roger Ebert’s site. If you want to read it, click here. The review was expanded from my original review written in October 2010.
After the symposium was over, we went around the east coast region for seesighting. The first place is a beautiful flower/herb farm in some country town.
You will probably be repulsed by the premise of “Motel Hell”(1980). I talked about it to the peers in my lab in last week and they were all understandably disgusted. However, the movie is a lot funnier than you think. … Continue reading