- Matangi/Maya/M.I.A. (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): An intimate and dynamic portrait of M.I.A.
- Boy Erased (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): A restrained drama on gay conversion therapy program
- Blaze (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Inside Blaze Foley
- Brexit (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Behind Brexit
- The Hate U Give (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): She won’t be quiet at all
- What They Had (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): As they are losing her
- The Underdog (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Another solid South Korean animation film to watch
- Mirai (2018) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): This willful boy may need another lesson
- The Favourite (2018) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A queen and her two ladies
- Vice (2018) ☆☆1/2 (2.5/4): The scattershot portrayal of Dick Cheney’s life and career
- 457,045 hits
- RT @IndieWire: 21 Great Movies Completely Rejected by the Oscars in 2019 bit.ly/2U8yelf #OscarNoms https://t.co/5bZ9O7IxFT 1 hour ago
- RT @notquitefun: 본인도 말한 적있지만 정우성은 소신발언하는거 아님 지말대로 그냥 지 의견말하는거 ㅋㅋㅋ 뭔말을해도 손해는 커녕 더 큰 이익으로 돌아오는데 그게 뭔 소신발언ㅋㅋ 이거 본인이 누구보다도 잘알고 있음ㅋㅋㅋㅋ 사람들도 좀 그만… 1 hour ago
- RT @notquitefun: 평소에 여성의제에 무관심했던 사람들도 분노하고 다들 목소리낼 때도 활발히 이뤄지던 것도 아닌 무슨 챌린지 영상 올리면서 정치적으로 올바른 척하는거보고 어처구니없었는데 그이후로도 팬들이 여성의제에도 관심가져보라고 하는거… 1 hour ago
- RT @notquitefun: 정우성 온갖 정치사회적 이슈에 말얹으면서 여성의제엔 모르쇠로 일관한 것부터 재수없었지만 이제는 하다하다 칭찬한다면서 같은 동료배우를 꽃에 비유하고 개저가 따로 없네 1 hour ago
- RT @BBCNewsKorea_u: 오스카: 두살배기 아들 잃은 엄마, 살해 사건 재현한 영화 후보작에 오르자 분노 bbc.com/korean/news-46… 엄마는 영화 감독이 "누군가의 슬픔을 자신의 경력을 쌓고 이름을 높이는 데 이용한다"고 주… 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: Farm
Italian film “Happy as Lazzaro” initially baffles us with its odd but realistic background during its first half and then moves onto a stranger territory during its second half. At first, the movie looks like a humorous fable about one … Continue reading
“Far from the Madding Crowd”, based on Thomas Hardy’s 1874 novel of the same name, is a solid adaptation to admire and appreciate. As a period drama, it looks both natural and gorgeous in its realistic presentation of a peaceful … Continue reading
I remember well when I encountered those lovely stop motion animation works from Aardman Animations for the first time during late 1990s. Three short animation films featuring Aardman’s iconic characters Wallace and Gromit, “A Grand Day Out” (1999), “The Wrong … Continue reading
Though being a little ponderous at times, “The Turin Horse” can be a mesmerizing experience to you if you are willing to give it a chance. The movie may bore some of you because of its very slow progression for … Continue reading
My Far-flung correspondent review for “Motel Hell”(1980) has just been posted at Roger Ebert’s site. If you want to read it, click here. The review was expanded from my original review written in October 2010.
After the symposium was over, we went around the east coast region for seesighting. The first place is a beautiful flower/herb farm in some country town.
You will probably be repulsed by the premise of “Motel Hell”(1980). I talked about it to the peers in my lab in last week and they were all understandably disgusted. However, the movie is a lot funnier than you think. … Continue reading