- X (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Sleazy, creepy, and bloody
- M3GAN (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): One nasty AI robot
- The First Slam Dunk (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): A solid Japanese animation sports drama
- Citizen K (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): The rise and fall of one Russian Oligarch
- Devotion (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): One black US Navy pilot in the Korean War
- Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A singing crocodile in the attic
- Phantom (2023) ☆☆☆(3/4): Catch the Spy
- The Point Men (2023) ☆☆(2/4): A hollow hostage thriller flick
- Sick of Myself (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): A morbid comedy of narcissism
- Wildcat (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A troubled vet and his ocelots in Amazonian jungle
Join 776 other subscribers
- 845,751 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Monthly Archives: December 2011
A twisted man and the girl in his captivity have been a constant source of memorably disturbing drama films such as William Wyler’s “The Collector”(1965) and Kim Ki-duk’s “Bad Guy”(2002) in the movie history. “The Skin I Live in”, a … Continue reading
When I watched Greek film “Dogtooth” for the first time in early 2010, I thought it was quite a strange film, but now I have some second thoughts after the third watching at last night(The film will be released in … Continue reading
—- David Fincher’s “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”(2011) will be released on the second weekend of next January in South Korean theaters. The original Swedish version will be also released in South Korea a week before, so I checked … Continue reading
Okay, I also love them, too. First, there is “Certified Copy”, a light but very engaging movie starring Juliette Binoche and William Shimell; the director Abbas Kiarostami must have been yearning for making this delightful film. And there are two … Continue reading
And here are another 5 movies in my list.
Here are my first 5 movies in my list.
What the adults had told me when I was young turns out to be right: the older you get, the faster the time flies. I will be 29 after about two months, and I can feel that more than ever. … Continue reading
When I watched “Sherlock Holmes”(2009) almost two years ago, I wondered whether it was good to inject the seven percent solution of caffeine/adrenaline to one of the most famous detectives in the English literature. I enjoyed its style, moods, and … Continue reading
“Perfect Game”, the latest South Korean baseball film, has plenty of the baseballs to pitch to the audiences. Some are balls and they do not work, but I have to admit that there are also lots of strikes that managed … Continue reading
It is now late December, and it is getting colder here in South Korea. The shabby arthouse theater I visited in the last evening was a cold place with a very few audiences at that time(Besides me, there were only … Continue reading