- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Here comes Jamie
- Candyman (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Candyman is back….
- Nightbooks (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Now he must write scary stories to survive
- Tove (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): The early life of Tove Jansson
- I’m Your Man (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Is he really the one for her?
- I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): What happens to Ruth
- Little Boxes (2016) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): As they are trying to settle in a suburb
- Malignant (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A nutty outrageous horror thriller film by James Wan
- The Best Years of a Life (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Still Living (and Loving)
- Worth (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): What Is Life Worth?
- 743,906 hits
- RT @ghoulGee: 데스게임 장르의 클리셰인 살인 게임을 후원하는 부호들은 사실 현실적이지 않아. 현실의 부호들은 훨씬 잔인하다고. 가령 야구팀을 사서 수십년간 우승을 안시킨다거나.. 10 minutes ago
- RT @ssugnang: 약간 기묘한이야기에 나오는 작은 괴물같지만..? 귀엽군 https://t.co/PjQ5ZevXU7 10 minutes ago
- RT @dangerousshop: 리)우와 아래 뉴스 진짜 재밌다. 나도 폴더/디렉토리의 중요성을 당연시 여기는데, 이것도 옛날 컴 윈도우 체제에 익숙한 사람들 얘기가 되었구나 newspeppermint.com/2021/09/24/goo… 10 minutes ago
- RT @djuna01: 사람이 복잡하고 다양하고 입체적이어야 재미있지, 극단적인 상황을 만들어 비슷비슷하게 행동하게 하면 재미있나요. 10 minutes ago
- RT @djuna01: 2018년에 찍은 거 같습니다. 배우들은 모두 지금 고등학생이겠군요. 4 hours ago
Tag Archives: Affair
The Coen brothers’ debut film “Blood Simple”, which happened to be released in South Korea in last week, is an exemplary genre exercise to be appreciated and cherished for many good reasons. While it may look modest compared to what … Continue reading
Jason Reitman’s latest film “The Front Runner” tries to cover too many things about the rise and fall of Gary Hart, who attempted to be a Democratic presidential candidate in 1988 but then fell from grace due to that infamous … Continue reading
Besides being one of the most prominent filmmakers working in South Korea, Hong Sang-soo is one of the most prolific ones. Like Woody Allen, he has usually made one or two works every year, and watching his new film has … Continue reading
Alternatively playful and melancholic, South Korean film “On the Beach at Night Alone”, the latest work from Hong Sang-soo, gives us a somber character study which amusingly resonates with what happened in its auteur’s personal life. To be frank with … Continue reading
German movie “Free Fall” is a nice film which could have drawn more attentions if it had been made 10 years ago. Thanks to notable films like “Brokeback Mountain” (2005), “The Kids Are All Right” (2010), and “Weekend” (2011), homosexuality … Continue reading
“Nobody’s Daughter Heawon” is another small, lightweight work from South Korean director Hong Sang-soo which does not escape from our expectation much. Again, we are treated with the familiar elements from his previous works: drinking, problematic romantic relationship, and funny … Continue reading
Being famous as one of the great works in Russian literature, Leo Tolstoy’s classic novel “Anna Karenina” has been adapted into movies and TV miniseries so many times since 1910 that I am sure most of you are already familiar … Continue reading
“An innocent man has nothing to fear, remember that.”, said the cop in Hitchcock’s” The Wrong Man” to Henry Fonda’s arrested character, but we all know his saying is not true at all. Guilty or not, our fate will eventually be decided at the courtroom where the lawyers make arguments on your culpability in front of the judges and the jury. And in that inexorable system pursuing the justice, we tremble in fear for the sheer possibility of punishment sentenced upon us.