- Tove (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): The early life of Tove Jansson
- I’m Your Man (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Is he really the one for her?
- I Don’t Feel at Home in This World Anymore (2017) ☆☆☆(3/4): What happens to Ruth
- Little Boxes (2016) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): As they are trying to settle in a suburb
- Malignant (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A nutty outrageous horror thriller film by James Wan
- The Best Years of a Life (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Still Living (and Loving)
- Worth (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): What Is Life Worth?
- Respect (2021) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A conventional biopic starring Jennifer Hudson
- In the Same Breath (2021) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Another important documentary of the COVID-19 pandemic era
- Dreaming Cat (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): Save those stray cats
- 742,237 hits
- RT @sealofsouth: 이거 강사가 남자라는 얘기를 방금 들었... 2 hours ago
- RT @goyangee__: 돈 벌어와야 하는 강아지를 소개합니다^^ (+스키즈 아이엔) https://t.co/HK5yB5FXRJ 2 hours ago
- RT @goyangee__: 우리 아빠 술 먹고 들어오면 강아지 붙잡고 이제 돈 벌어올 때 됐지 않냐고 함 ㅠㅠ 2 hours ago
- RT @scottEmovienerd: what movie do you think of when you see the great David Warner? https://t.co/lPXRxUgiUT 2 hours ago
- RT @sealofsouth: 한 십년전에 경희대에서 경제학과 교양수업에서 마르크스 얘기한다고 학생이 국정원에 신고때린거 보고 세상이 말세라고 했는데 그거보다 더 바닥이 있을줄은 몰랐지 2 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Now here is my list of 10 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
It has been a pretty bad year for many of us. Many famous figures including David Bowie, Prince, Umberto Eco, Muhammad Ali, Leonard Cohen, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds passed away during this year, and there was also … Continue reading
Whenever it works well, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” feels like the best Star Wars movie since the original Star Wars trilogy. Although it is riddled with several weak spots in terms of plot and characters especially during its … Continue reading
My eyes were thrilled and intrigued as watching Spanish film “Julieta”, another tantalizing exercise in style from Pedro Almodóvar. While it is relatively more straightforward and less flamboyant compared to his previous works, this is another stylish, confident work from … Continue reading
“Krampus” is a scary, naughty Christmas treat for you if you are ever tired of those platitudinous Christmas family movies. While its early part looks like a naughtier version of “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (1989), it is soon turned into … Continue reading
“Hunt for the Wilderpeople” is cheerfully odd and charming enough to draw lots of laughs from me. Freely rolling with its two distinctive main characters who cannot possibly be different from each other, the movie generates numerous small and big … Continue reading
The opening shot of “Krisha” caught me off guard during my first viewing. At the beginning, ominous music is played on the soundtrack, and then there comes the close-up shot of an old woman who clearly looks disturbed and devastated. … Continue reading
There are two different types of horror in “Under the Shadow”. One comes from a stark, harrowing allegory based on one harsh, gloomy historical background. The other comes from a creepy, insidious tale about the possibility of some unknown evil … Continue reading