- Mine 9 (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): 2 Miles Below
- Monos (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Young beasts of a war
- Little Women (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Another home run by Greta Gerwig
- For Sama (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A harrowing personal chronicle from Aleppo
- 1917 (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): An intense epic genre exercise
- Richard Jewell (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): A plight he didn’t deserve
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) ☆☆☆☆(4/4): A painter and her challenging model
- By the Grace of God (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Against unjust silence
- Harriet (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Erivo dominates as Harriet Tubman
- The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Their one day
- 541,810 hits
- RT @flipcritic: As a teenager, I was always recommending what laserdiscs to rent for my family and friends. I didn’t know what film critici… 1 hour ago
- RT @NateHood257: As a formerly obese Aspie with severe social anxiety, I'd like to gently point out that for many of us who COULDN'T date i… 1 hour ago
- RT @BilgeEbiri: It’s the perfectly-timed, closed-captioned “That is ridiculous” that really makes this. 10 hours ago
- RT @koryodynasty: 트랜스젠더도 우리들의 소중한 이웃입니다. 10 hours ago
- RT @Estel_Eldalieva: 우한 바이러스/폐렴이라는 명칭을 사용하지 말아주세요 newstof.com/news/articleVi… https://t.co/Wkuo1bRCUA 10 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2016
Now here is my list of 10 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
It has been a pretty bad year for many of us. Many famous figures including David Bowie, Prince, Umberto Eco, Muhammad Ali, Leonard Cohen, George Michael, Carrie Fisher, and Debbie Reynolds passed away during this year, and there was also … Continue reading
Whenever it works well, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” feels like the best Star Wars movie since the original Star Wars trilogy. Although it is riddled with several weak spots in terms of plot and characters especially during its … Continue reading
My eyes were thrilled and intrigued as watching Spanish film “Julieta”, another tantalizing exercise in style from Pedro Almodóvar. While it is relatively more straightforward and less flamboyant compared to his previous works, this is another stylish, confident work from … Continue reading
“Krampus” is a scary, naughty Christmas treat for you if you are ever tired of those platitudinous Christmas family movies. While its early part looks like a naughtier version of “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (1989), it is soon turned into … Continue reading