- Tár (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A dry but complex character study from Field and Blanchett
- The Night Owl (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): He saw what he was not supposed to see…
- Seire (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Haunted by his ex-girlfriend
- The Swimmers (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Swimmer sisters from Syria
- The Wonder (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): She cannot just observe….
- Pinocchio (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): An enchanting animation film from Guillermo del Toro
- Armageddon Time (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): So he grows up…
- Strange World (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Into a familiar but fun world
- Spirited (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A Christmas Carol with song and dance
- Falling for Christmas (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): An average Christmas product from Netflix
Join 704 other followers
- 834,938 hits
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Monthly Archives: October 2012
It’s getting cold, and they are looking for something to eat.
After I walked out of the screening room at last night, one audience wondered whether “Skyfall” was a Halloween movie. I was not so surprised about that reaction, because “Skyfall” is probably the gloomiest chapter in the fascinating series which … Continue reading
I do not remember a lot about the 1980s in South Korea because I was very young at that time, but I know it was a violent era when many people were injustly crushed by South Korean government because they … Continue reading
“Lawless” has every element it needs for telling a crime drama from the Prohibition era. Besides the good historical background well recreated on the screen, we have three criminal brothers, the associates in their moonshine business, the beautiful women attracted … Continue reading
Some horror movies have a mercy on the uninformed audiences who have no idea about what they will get. The opening sequence of New Zealand horror film “Dead Alive”(1992), which is also known as “Braindead”, is a good example because … Continue reading
They look drowsy under sunny autumn weather. The last six photos were shot at Daejeon Art Cinema theater on 2012/10/13
Some people said life is third-rated novel, but we hear about incredible life stories stranger than fiction from time to time, and the story told in “Searching for Sugar Man” is such a case. This documentary introduces us one musician … Continue reading
There is nothing particularly new about one of the time-honored traditions in science fictions in new SF thriller “Looper”, but this smart film cleverly finds good ways to deal with its subject, and I like it. Its law of causality … Continue reading
Tim Burton’s “Frankenweenie” is a dark, moody, and innocent animation inspired by old classic horror films such as “Frankenstein”(1931). True to its source of inspiration, it is a black-and-white stop motion animation decorated with quirky imagination and morbid but sweet … Continue reading
Sometimes people find themselves in the difficult circumstance where heart is in conflict with brain. The heroine of “Take This Waltz” feels an urge to follow her heart, but she is not so sure about how to deal with it. … Continue reading