- Aftersun (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): That summer with her father
- Bones and All (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Love and Cannibalism
- She Said (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): How they exposed Weinstein
- Nobody’s Lover (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Messy and Lonely
- Till (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): The harrowing story of Emmett Till’s mother
- Tár (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A dry but complex character study from Field and Blanchett
- The Night Owl (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): He saw what he was not supposed to see…
- Seire (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Haunted by his ex-girlfriend
- The Swimmers (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Swimmer sisters from Syria
- The Wonder (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): She cannot just observe….
Join 704 other followers
- 836,159 hits
Error: Please make sure the Twitter account is public.
Tag Archives: Summer
There is always some distance between parents and their children, and “Aftersun” sensitively illustrates the growing distance between the father and daughter at the center of its intimate character drama. Nothing much seems to happen on the surface, and they … Continue reading
French film “All Hands on Deck”, which received the Honorable Mention FIPRESI Prize when it was shown in the Panorama section at the 70th Berlin International Film Festival early in last year, is a small but crisp summer comedy about … Continue reading
“Call Me by Your Name”, the latest work from Luca Guadagnino, brims with the sensuous sense of love and romance in its bright, breezy summer atmosphere. While its first half closely and intimately observes its two heroes tentatively approaching to … Continue reading
It is hot, but it is still cool in shades…
I remember well when I watched the first trailer of “The Kings of Summer” early in this year. The movie got some positive responses after it was premiered at the Sundance Film Festival around that time, and, as far as … Continue reading
It was cool and cloudy, but, overall, it was a sweaty hiking at Mt. Seorak of Gang-won area.
I went to Cell Cycle Symposium last week. It was hot, but we had a good time at this resort.
The vacation season has not started yet, so it was quiet on the beach of Sokcho…
After the symposium was over, we went around the east coast region for seesighting. The first place is a beautiful flower/herb farm in some country town.
I attended the annual South Korean Cell Cycle Symposium with my colleagues and adviser professor. The symposium was held in East Coast region which has been always popular vacation place.