- Jackie Brown (1997) ☆☆☆(3/4): Tarantino in leisure
- Tickled (2016) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): It will tickle you – and then it will disturb you
- Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Stories that hurt
- Taipei Story (1985) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Lost in Taipei
- Maurice (1987) ☆☆☆(3/4): A sumptuous queer period drama
- Doctor Sleep (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): An eclectic sequel between King and Kubrick
- Luce (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): They need to talk about their adopted son…
- This Changes Everything (2018) ☆☆☆(3/4): Why they need more women in Hollywood
- Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Redundant but entertaining
- Weathering with You (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Rain, Rain, Rain…
- 520,583 hits
- RT @hye0127: 지구 온난화로 먹을 것이 없어진 북극 순록 200마리가 한꺼번에 굶어죽었는데 노르웨이 극지연구소가 지난 40년간 관찰해온 이래 처음 있는 일이래.. 죽은 순록들을 보고 겁이 났다고..노르웨이령 지구 최북단 마을은 1900년 이… 1 hour ago
- RT @hkwuliff: 20yos are out here writing wills — they don’t just go blindly into danger, carrie. they think about their deaths and have acc… 1 hour ago
- RT @zeynep: I've come across this—Hong Kong protesters, medics etc. carrying wills on them. The government is apparently thinking of escala… 1 hour ago
- RT @zeynep: So this man is likely a white-collar employee at a big financial institution or corporation in Hong Kong (judging from the loca… 1 hour ago
- RT @jonfavs: Taylor testifying that the President of the United States ordered the President of Ukraine to go to a microphone and announce… 1 hour ago
Monthly Archives: December 2018
“The Old Man and the Gun” is a little offbeat film which leisurely takes its time along with its aging criminal hero for its laid-back fun. Mainly working as a quirky and amusing character study, the movie gives us a … Continue reading
Italian film “Happy as Lazzaro” initially baffles us with its odd but realistic background during its first half and then moves onto a stranger territory during its second half. At first, the movie looks like a humorous fable about one … Continue reading
Now here are 12 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
As 2018 is coming to its end, I think about how things have become a little more stable for me during this year. After two years since my graduation with a doctoral degree in Biological Science, I finally found a … Continue reading
Documentary film “Minding the Gap” is a vivid, fascinating, and touching work you will not easily forget. While it initially interests us with a number of wonderful skateboarding scenes, the documentary looks closer at its struggling human subjects with considerable … Continue reading