- Let Them All Talk (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): A delightful cruise movie from Steven Soderbergh
- Quo Vadis, Aida? (2020) ☆☆☆1/2: A harrowing Bosnian war drama
- Moffie (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): A rough military gay drama set in South Africa, 1981
- Way Back Home (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): When a past returns to her
- The United States vs. Billie Holiday (2021) ☆☆(2/4): She suffered and suffered….
- Nobody (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Bob Odenkirk with a particular set of skills
- Concrete Cowboy (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Into the world of urban riders
- The Wife of a Spy (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): A dry but compelling historical drama by Kiyoshi Kurosawa
- Shades of the Heart (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A series of ambiguous episodes around one writer
- The Book of Fish (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): The Book of Bromance
- 693,286 hits
- RT @luxsecuritatis: "남양유업의 ‘불가리스’가 코로나 바이러스 감염을 억제한다는 연구 결과가 공개되는 데 발판을 깔아준 한국의과학연구원은 민주정의당과 한나라당에서 4선의 국회의원과 노태우정부에서 과학기술처 장관을 역임한 이상희 박사가… 1 minute ago
- RT @teamj231: 솔직히 래피드킷 만드는 회사들이 지금 더 짜증날걸? 이거 용도는 진짜 급한데 쓰는거라 방역 망한 해외로의 수출이 주 매출이였는데 뜬금포로 오세훈이 지랄쳐주니까 괜히 "래피드킷은 그렇게 후진거야? 못쓰겠네" 이런 의식만 대중한… 14 minutes ago
- RT @Carlos_Film: For @cartoonbrew, I interviewed director Madeline Sharafian about her Oscar-nominated short film BURROW, which was inspire… 14 minutes ago
- RT @drewmagary: Good morning. (@ZODIAC_MF voice) I DEMAND YOU KNEEL BEFORE LORD GOD TONY SCOTT. sfgate.com/streaming/arti… 18 minutes ago
- RT @mubi: Laura Dern and Kermit the Frog, 1996. https://t.co/O0APzZPBSX 18 minutes ago
Monthly Archives: December 2018
“The Old Man and the Gun” is a little offbeat film which leisurely takes its time along with its aging criminal hero for its laid-back fun. Mainly working as a quirky and amusing character study, the movie gives us a … Continue reading
Italian film “Happy as Lazzaro” initially baffles us with its odd but realistic background during its first half and then moves onto a stranger territory during its second half. At first, the movie looks like a humorous fable about one … Continue reading
Now here are 12 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
As 2018 is coming to its end, I think about how things have become a little more stable for me during this year. After two years since my graduation with a doctoral degree in Biological Science, I finally found a … Continue reading
Documentary film “Minding the Gap” is a vivid, fascinating, and touching work you will not easily forget. While it initially interests us with a number of wonderful skateboarding scenes, the documentary looks closer at its struggling human subjects with considerable … Continue reading
South Korean film “Take Point”, which was released in South Korea as “PMC: The Bunker” yesterday, is a mindless and pointless action thriller movie filled with lots of shakings and shootings. To be frank with you, I am still confused … Continue reading
Mexican film “Museo”, which won the Silver Bear for Best Screenplay at the Berlin International Film Festival early in this year, is about two pathetic criminals who somehow manage to steal a bagful of priceless artifacts from one of the … Continue reading
“Mid90s” works best when it gives us a glimpse into its specific subculture in the mid-1990s. Because I am not that familiar with its subject, I observed the film with anthropological curiosity as enjoying its authentic mood and laid-back style … Continue reading