- Harriet (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Erivo dominates as Harriet Tubman
- The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Their one day
- Secret Zoo (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): These ‘animals’ won’t hurt you…
- Bacurau (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): An odd mixed bag of genres from Brazil
- Western Stars (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Springsteen presented by Springsteen
- Pain and Glory (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): As he strolls in his creative crisis
- The Lighthouse (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Stuck in isolation and madness
- Bombshell (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Three women at Fox News
- Togo (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Good dog, Togo!
- Villains (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): They enter a wrong house…
- 540,011 hits
- RT @MarkHarrisNYC: I didn't know this amazing bit of Oscar history. twitter.com/JordanLage/sta… 1 hour ago
- RT @aWtYfkTMnIkIBo8: 한국 가정용 에너지 사용량은 OECD 하위권이고 산업용 전기가 대부분을 먹는데 이딴식으로 1인 에너지 징징징 해봐야 설득력이 없쓰요 1 hour ago
- RT @djuna01: 거의 카프카스러운 갑갑함을 느낄 수 있습니다. 하지만 여긴 카프카 우주가 아니기 때문에 거기서보다는 일이 잘 풀리는 편이죠: 일단 영화가 나왔잖아요. 1 hour ago
- RT @djuna01: 늘 하는 말이지만 종교 내 범죄를 해결하는 가장 올바른 길은 세속 국가의 적극적 개입입니다. 1 hour ago
- RT @djuna01: 이 영화의 가해자인 베르나르 프레나 신부는 이 영화의 상영을 막으려 시도를 했다는데 참으로 뻔뻔스럽고. 웃기는 게, 영화 내내 자기가 저지른 범죄를 꼬박꼬박 인정했는데도 그랬단 말이죠. 1 hour ago
Monthly Archives: December 2017
“Wonder” wants to move our heart, and it did its job well. Sure, I could see through its intention right from its first scene, but then I found myself touched by its many sentimental but sincere moments which made me … Continue reading
Now here are 12 South Korean films of this year.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
2017 has been another terribly eventful year for many of us. As I and many others worried from the beginning, Donald Trump and his corrupt cronies have tarnished and demolished what makes the American society great, and those frequent news … Continue reading
1987 was quite an eventful year in South Korea. After the tragic death of a young college student/activist named Park Jong-chul on January 14th, 1987, the public demand for democratization in South Korea became bigger, wider, and fiercer than before … Continue reading
Edward Yang’s “A Bright Summer Day”, which recently happened to be released in South Korea, is a singular masterpiece to be admired for numerous reasons. On one level, it is a tragic adolescent drama inspired by a notorious real-life incident … Continue reading