- Nomadland (2020) ☆☆☆☆(4/4): A certain American lifestyle
- Jungleland (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Two brothers and a girl on the road
- Black Light (2020) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A truth beyond their reach
- The Father (2020) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): In a state of fading mind
- I Care a Lot (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): Another deliciously devious turn by Rosamund Pike
- The Little Things (2020) ☆☆(2/4): A mediocre police procedural with wasted talents
- Godmothered (2020) ☆☆☆(3/4): She comes a bit too late…
- Those Who Remained (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Between two different war survivors
- Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): Wacky, wacky, wacky!
- Judas and the Black Messiah (2021) ☆☆☆(3/4): A revolutionary and his traitor
- 678,109 hits
- RT @ChrisMurphyCT: The filibuster is killing democracy. 5 hours ago
- RT @djuna01: 스타워즈와 비슷한 논리겠지요. 6 hours ago
- RT @djuna01: 비중있는 미국인 배우가 거의 안 나오는 영화지요. 대부분 영국인, 멕시코인, 덴마크인. 하지만 데이지 리들리만 영국 억양을 쓰는 거 같아요. 6 hours ago
- RT @djuna01: 주인공 애는 이 행성에 사는 인간 비슷한 토착 동물이 여자들을 모두 죽였다고 믿고 있어요. 하지만 주인공이 모르는 비밀이 있지요. 여기서 궁금해지는 거죠. 모든 사람들의 마음이 읽히는 동네에서 그 비밀이 어떻게 감추어질 수 있… 6 hours ago
- RT @djuna01: 월드 빌딩이 아주 좋다는 생각은 안 들었어요. 다른 행성에 사는 지구인 개척자 마을이 나와요. 여자는 없고 남자뿐이고 주인공은 가장 어려요. 이 행성에 사는 남자들은 모두 노이즈라는 현상에 감염되었어요. 자기 생각이 마구 뿜어… 6 hours ago
Monthly Archives: December 2014
And now here is the list of 10 South Korean films you should not miss.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
It is near the end of 2014, and I am also now at the end of one long chapter of my life. In 2015 February, I will graduate from Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology with Ph.D. degree in … Continue reading
While it is a little too silly and frantic for me at times, “The Book of Life” is a colorful animation film decorated with several gorgeous sights to enjoy. Its story and characters are rather thin and predictable, and my … Continue reading
“The Boxtrolls” is a charming stop-motion animation film which fascinates adult audiences with its technical efforts while exciting young audiences through the resulting wonder on the screen. While its story is a familiar fable of good and evil, its offbeat … Continue reading
“Two Days, One Night” starts with a close-up shot of its heroine, and then it rarely looks away from her as she struggles through her several difficult days. She is reluctant about doing what she should do in her circumstance, … Continue reading
“Chef” simply wants to do its cooking in its own way. With an ample dose of warm, gentle humor as one of its main ingredients, it wisely takes some time in preparing its dishes in the beginning, and then we … Continue reading
“Maps to the Stars” is a cold satire about the desperate denizens of Hollywood mired in despair, derangement, and depravity of their superficial life with more bottoms to hit. The movie feels like one of those tabloid articles digging … Continue reading
Looking at the evil of slavery through an interesting viewpoint to notice, “Belle” tells us an engaging drama based on the life of a real-life figure who grew up under an extraordinary circumstance. While she was kindly accepted into the … Continue reading