- Empire of Light (2022) ☆☆(2/4): Sincere but muddled
- See How They Run (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): See how they spoof Agatha Christie mystery
- Holy Spider (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Based on one real-life Iranian serial killing case
- Mother Land (2023) ☆☆☆(3/4): A modest South Korean stop-motion animation film
- Irma Vep (1996) ☆☆☆(3/4): One troubled movie production
- Babylon (2022) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Excessive to the extreme
- To Leslie (2022) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Can she really start over?
- Jackass Forever (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): They surely rise below vulgarity
- Triangle of Sadness (2022) ☆☆☆(3/4): Three acts of absurd satire by Ruben Östlund
- Blonde (2022) ☆☆(2/4): A miserable bore
Join 779 other subscribers
- 847,744 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Daily Archives: December 12, 2021
South Korean film “Spiritwalker” is a slick and efficient genre piece which handles its familiar genre elements much better than I thought when I came across its trailer in last month. Once it sets the rules around its utterly preposterous … Continue reading
South Korean animation film “Chun Tae-il” is a plain but sincere presentation of one young real-life laborer who came to bring more public attention to workers’ rights via his tragic early death. As a guy who does not know that … Continue reading