- Little Women (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Another home run by Greta Gerwig
- For Sama (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): A harrowing personal chronicle from Aleppo
- 1917 (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): An intense epic genre exercise
- Richard Jewell (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): A plight he didn’t deserve
- Portrait of a Lady on Fire (2019) ☆☆☆☆(4/4): A painter and her challenging model
- By the Grace of God (2019) ☆☆☆1/2(3.5/4): Against unjust silence
- Harriet (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): Erivo dominates as Harriet Tubman
- The Body Remembers When the World Broke Open (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): Their one day
- Secret Zoo (2019) ☆☆☆(3/4): These ‘animals’ won’t hurt you…
- Bacurau (2019) ☆☆1/2(2.5/4): An odd mixed bag of genres from Brazil
- 540,637 hits
- RT @joanwalsh: I don't know what to do with this but he has created a new problem for himself. 20 minutes ago
- RT @awards_watch: "There are about 249 members of the cast of The Crown and we're all working tomorrow and leaving in about five minutes."… 20 minutes ago
- RT @stevensantos: The notion that Eddie Murphy making a couple of rare appearances was over-campaigning while Los Angeles has been having n… 21 minutes ago
- RT @Brian_Tallerico: The main takeaway here is that there very much is still such a thing for voters as an “Oscar movie.” Dolemite, Hustler… 21 minutes ago
- RT @metaplexmovies: No matter how you feel about 1917 winning Best Picture, let's take a moment to appreciate its better than GREEN BOOK an… 21 minutes ago
Monthly Archives: December 2013
And now here is the list of 11 South Korean films you should not miss.
And here are the other 5 movies in my list – with other films good enough to be mentioned.
Here are the first 5 movies in my list.
Sharply observing the troubles and dilemmas between its reserved characters we do not know entirely even in the end, Asghar Farhadi’s new film “The Past”, a quiet but compelling domestic melodrama, shows us how the present and future can be … Continue reading
A funny thing about “Laurence Anyways” is that it takes quite a long trip to arrive at a simple answer to the problems and following struggles in its story. I guess that is what would happen when 1) your dear … Continue reading
“The Suspect” is a well-made action film which will remind you of many, many thriller films about a lone guy on the run. Its busy style represented by quick cuts and shaky handheld camera movement is certainly influenced by none … Continue reading